A quick recap of where we are with the Assignments:
Research Project (30%):
- Proposal – 1000 words – week 19 (10%) DONE – FINISHED!!
- Report – 1000 words – week 29 (20%)
If you are not sure about this – scroll back through this blog – because we have discussed the Report in great detail over several weeks!
Week 30 – final submission of at least three portfolio components (30%)
These can be logs/blogs, self-representation, art portfolio, collage collection, reading record, research artefact, Digital Me artefact; Digital Me Poster, End of Year Performance…
You can submit anything that you want to get recognition for!! If in doubt, we did set you several projects to seed your creative engagement:
Reading – Make it fun
Writing – Blogging to learn
Develop a Digital Me
Resource based on your Research Project
End of year Performance.
Portfolio items – through Blog
Some of you want to offer your portfolio items through your blog extracts. Here you might have ONE blog post per thing that you want to submit. In each 300-500 word post, you need to discuss the artefact or resource or activity. Discuss means more than describe! Say something about why you have chosen it – what difference it has made to you as a student and/or you as a prospective educationalist. A good blog consists of concise, effective writing – with pictures – and possibly with links. You will need to PRINT OFF THE THREE BLOG POSTS AND SUBMIT THEM WITH A COVER SHEET.
Portfolio items – where one item = Blog
Some of you are really pleased with your whole blog (or with two or three of your whole blogs!!) – and so you want to submit the blog itself as a portfolio item. Here you might write a brief piece explaining the what, why and how of your blog – with the URL – and submit that…
Then think about the other things that you want to submit – and how you will do that – either through a blog post that you print off and submit – or you may be handing in a beautiful, illustrated note book or self-representation – or reading record… where you actually have to hand in the physical item itself.
Essay 1500 words – week 30 (40%)
‘To what extent has the module ‘Becoming an Educationalist’ prepared you for the reality of becoming an educationalist? Justify your answer with reference to at least three aspects of or activities on the course.’
Things to think about:
- What does the module Becoming an Educationalist include? Why? What has it asked you to do/think/read/discuss/make? Why?
- What is an educationalist? What do they have to do? How do they have to behave with their students? What characteristics or attributes would it be helpful for an educationalist to have? What should they DO? What should they NOT DO?
- What activities have you enjoyed the most from the module? Why? How has any one particular one prepared you for the reality of becoming an educationalist?
- What aspects of the module have you felt were useful or important for someone who is becoming an educationalist? Why? How has any one particular one prepared you for the reality of becoming an educationalist?
- What other activity or aspect do you want to write about? Why? How has that particular one prepared you for the reality of becoming an educationalist?
COMMENTS NOT EMAILS
PLEASE ask more questions – but THROUGH THE COMMENTS box of the blog – then we can have WHOLE CLASS discussions rather than many one-to-one discussions through emails!
Good luck – and enjoy the assignments – Sandra & Tom