W22 11th March – Get Ahead Conference!!
So – for W22 Becoming became the Get Ahead conference!!
We decided to give precious class time to this event for MANY reasons!!
* It is good to see that University offers more than the lectures and seminars…
* Sometimes we need to be forced – er – heavily encouraged to try something different
* Dom was running a workshop – and it is good to support our colleagues
* There was free food (did I mention the free food?)
* It offered a space where something different could happen – if you let it…
SO – did you let something different happen?
Did you enjoy Get Ahead? Have you BLOGGED about it yet?!
Here’s a post from Sameera who was a Becoming student last year (and who really did enjoy Get Ahead then!!) – and who ran a stall on Peer Mentoring in Practice – with Toni, Sheilah and Noora…
I hope that you visited them on their stall – and that you are all thinking of doing the Peer Mentoring module next year – and that – YES – you did smile a bit and get involved a bit!!
See you Wednesday!!